Earlier this year I debated the pros and cons of Twitter for personal use, and determined that one must have a whole lot of personality to justify tweeting (especially in addition to blogging, vlogging, facebook-ing, and whatever else most internet denizens are up to these days).
Since January, I have been converted.
I still stand by the statement that even people with interesting lives can have boring tweets, but I’ve come to see the microblogging platform as a great vehicle for following trend patterns and networking in the fashion industry (to name one of many twitter-saturated creative fields). In this link post, I give you the Russian nesting doll of blogging (a microblog within a blog): The best of fashion’s twitterati in 140 characters or less:
1) Me. For obvious reasons including, but not limited to, my daily tweets on fashion faux pas seen on the streets. Search #SOTS for deets.
(Side note: I can’t believe I just used the word “deets”, but 140 character limitations will do strange things to one’s love of the English language.)
2) Chictopia. The self-stylists’ place to be. Also, a little birdie told me they offer extra chic points to followers…
3) Modcloth. Follow the online retailer for regular chances to will free clothing and accessories!
4) Threadbanger. Bangin’ threads, or at least some great video tutorials to teach yourself how to make them.
5) 7X7_Glamwatch. 7X7 Magazine keeps the twit-o-sphere in the loop on all the goings on in San Francisco’s fashion circles.
6) BurdaStyle. The open source sewing mecca, now available in 140 character bursts of awesome!
8) ShotwellSF. Constantly tweeting about their awesome in-store events, now you can get your vintage fix on the go with their tweets.
9) HarputsMarket. Harputs is what heaven looks like. Don’t miss out on their merchandise updates and fashion tip tweets.
10) DiabloCody. Okay, so she’s not strictly “fashion”, but who can deny the movie that spawned a thousand nerd-chic teen fashion choices?
See? Even I’ll admit that Twitter isn’t actually the devil. Just remember to tweet responsibly, and avoid mixing with alcohol.